Worst Excuses to not buy Car tax
DVLA have revealed some of the excuses for people not taxing their vehicles. Below are some of the worst ones listed - can you believe what some people will try!
1) My accountant told me I’m due a tax rebate so I didn’t think I needed to pay again this year.
2) I was on my way to the Post Office to tax the car and called into the betting shop – there was a horse running at Doncaster called ‘Don’t Do It’ so I bet on that with my car tax money instead. It lost.
3) My mate said that if the cost of the tax is more than what the car is worth you haven’t got to pay it – it’s not, so I don’t.
4) I fell out of a tree picking plums and broke both my arms.
5) I took too much Viagra and couldn’t leave the house.
6) I’d forgotten the motorbike was in my garage – it was hidden behind the BBQ so it’s not my fault.
7) I had man flu and couldn’t go to the Post Office.
8) I’ve been out of the country for four months and I forget where I parked my car.
9) My dog ate the reminder.
10) My reminder on my phone didn’t work so it’s not my fault.